What to Do if You’re Living in a Home You’re Trying to Sell
Until that “For Sale” sign went up in your front yard, your home was your sanctuary. After this point, though, your personal space becomes a lot more public.
Trying to sell a home you’re still living in can be complicated, but today we’ve got five tips that will make this arrangement easier and more successful.
1. Start packing as soon as possible. Not only will this make your eventual move a lot easier, but it will also help you declutter your home at the same time. This will make your home look much better during showings, too.
2. Store, sell, or donate unwanted items. The packing process is the perfect time to get rid of extra items you no longer want or need. Better still, buyers will appreciate the extra space as they walk through your home.
3. Thoroughly clean your home. A clean home can net you up to 5% or 10% more money when all is said and done, so make sure that your home shines before buyers step foot inside. Sinks, mirrors, toilets, and floors should receive particular care.
4. Maintain your privacy and safety. There will be a lot of strangers meandering through your property while it’s on the market. You should therefore stow away valuable or highly personal items somewhere safe and secure while your home is up for sale. Your listing agent should also insist that every buyer who visits your property be accompanied by their Realtor during showings.
5. Involve your kids. If you have children, they are sure to feel the stress of the move in their own way. Don’t forget to help them feel like they’re a part of the process. You might be surprised how much fun you can have with them by letting them help out.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.