Things To Know Before Buying A Brand New Home
Thinking about buying a brand new home? Check out these few tips before you head off!
Looking to buy a home? Search all homes.
Looking to sell a home? Get a FREE home value report.
- Choose a reputable developer. You need to know if you have a good builder, talk to people in the community and check online reviews.
- Be add-on aware. Add-ons will drive the price up, just like when buying a new car. Make sure to know that your higher quality materials will cost you! Ex. granite, crown molding, additional bathrooms, wainscoting.
- Stay involved in the building process. Keep in regular contact with the contractor so you know of any issues that come up, ask for regular meetings to discuss the progress.
- Learn the neighborhood. Partner with an agent who knows the area and meet your new neighbors!
- Be flexible. Deadlines need to be a little flexible, issues are going to come up when you are building a new home. Be prepared to have a place to stay in case you need to be out of your old home before your new one is ready.
- Plan a walk-through. Don't feel like you are being a pest! You are spending money on this home and want to make sure everything is going well. Ask your agent for tips on what to check on progress wise.
- Inspect before you move in
- Look into new home warranties and ask your agent for referrals on home insurance, we are a wealth of knowledge and want the process to go smooth for you!