Go Green and Save Money Now With These 5 Household Tips
Looking to buy a home? Search all homes.
Looking to sell a home? Get a FREE home value report.
Here are five household tips that will help you go green and save money at the same time:
1. Brew your coffee at home. The average American spends over $1,000 annually on their daily cup of coffee. Do yourself a favor and brew your coffee at home and keep a reusable mug for when you’re on the go. This will save you over $100 per month.
2. Wash your clothes in cold water. This saves the average family $63 per year on their electric bill. By setting your wash cycle to “cold,” you’ll also lengthen the lifespan of your clothes.
3. Do some gardening! If you have the time and some space in your yard, it makes sense to plant your own garden instead of buying all of your fruits and vegetables at the store. For every $1 you spend on seeds, you get an average of $5 worth of produce.
4. Set your air conditioner to autopilot. The average family spends about $2,100 per year on heating and cooling costs. If you set your air conditioning to “auto” instead of “on,” you’ll save an average of $15 per month on your electric bill. This simply turns the fan motor off when your air conditioner isn’t cooling.
5. Turn down your water heater. The average household spends about $400 a year heating their water. By turning it down to about 125 to 130 degrees, you’ll save roughly $7 per month. Trust me—you won’t even notice the difference.
If you have any other real estate questions or you’re thinking of buying or selling a home in our market, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’d love to help you.